MODIFIED ON: November 28, 2022 / ALIGNMINDS TECHNOLOGIES / 0 COMMENTS
Hiring Dedicated Development Team: A Complete Guide
We all are living in a world which is constantly evolving and adapting to needs.
In this fast-moving world, where everyone and everything is connected, there is absolutely no need for hiring regular staff for your company. Discovering and adapting to new approaches of working ensures a better workforce and work culture.
Technological advancement has helped in hiring employees from all around the world belonging to different cultural backgrounds who are an expert in their field of work. The dedicated development team is the newest entry into this segment.
Hiring a dedicated development team has become one of the best approaches for both cost reduction and quality maintenance. You can hire a dedicated development team and obtain the best skill set out there. Surveys show that many companies hire dedicated development teams from countries that offer the best services and quality at a very low cost.
Now, what is a dedicated development team and how to hire dedicated development teams?
Let’s look into the details.
What is a dedicated development team?
What will you do if your company doesn’t have the required expertise in developing your project?
Do you want to get involved in every stage of planning a software or an app and also want to work with a reputed and professional team?
All these questions lead to the concept of ‘dedicated development team’.
Dedicated development teams are another system or establishment different from your company that are hired to work for you. Hiring a dedicated development team helps you find talents from many parts of the world.
You will get a team of professionals who have the required expertise and experience in the domain while hiring a dedicated development team. Hiring a dedicated development team also helps you greatly in your cost-cutting strategies.
As the term suggests, dedicated development teams are fully committed to you and the work you offer. The team directly reaches out to you for updates on the projects and you can directly communicate with the team, control and monitor progress from any part of the world.
Advancements in cloud-based technologies have also led to the development of various working models. The dedicated development team is one such working model that came into prominence by using cloud-based technologies.
Now, why should you hire a dedicated app development team?
Why hire a dedicated development team?
Are you confused between hiring a dedicated development team or building your own in-house team?
If you find these points relevant based on your requirements, hiring a dedicated development team is your best choice.
- If your team is not having the required expertise in the development of your project, you need to hire a team of experts. By hiring a dedicated development team, you can ensure that your project is developed by an expert team in the field.
- If you do not want to spend on hiring employees and infrastructure and consistently reduce budget; hire a dedicated development team. As the dedicated development team has all the infrastructure facilities and a full-fledged team to support your project, you only need to pay for the services they offer.
- If the project is a large scale one, and if your team cannot complete the project under the specified timeline, hiring a dedicated development team will definitely help you in reducing the project delivery time to a great extent.
- Dedicated development teams regularly update themselves with the latest technological advancements and infrastructures. So you don’t need to spend on upgrades when hiring a dedicated development team.
- If you want to develop a quality project with the insights from experts in the industry, hire dedicated development teams. This will also help you to combine your innovations with that of the team enabling in the development of a better product.
- If you are looking for an easily manageable team of experts, hiring dedicated development teams can help you. Most likely they will be a team of professionals with the required skills and communication quality and a dedicated development team is directly controlled by the client.
- If you want to start a project immediately and is looking for the best professionals in the field of work, hiring a dedicated development team makes sure that the project begins the next moment after the requirements are made clear.
- You can also hire a dedicated development team if your company doesn’t have the necessary resources to support the development of a product.
There are certain factors to look into while hiring a dedicated development team.
Hiring a dedicated development team
You should have a good understanding of the factors that help in hiring the best one among the many dedicated development teams out there.
The main points to look into while hiring a dedicated development team include:
- Requirements of your projects
- Experience and expertise of the dedicated development company
- Infrastructure and technological advancements
Analyse and evaluate the requirements of your project based on the targeted customer. Cost and project completion time will vary depending on the requirements.Calculate the cost, project completion time and accordingly hire a dedicated development team that best suits the requirements.
Experience and expertise is another important factor to look into while hiring a dedicated development company. Before hiring a dedicated development company of your choice, contacting past clients will help in getting an overall picture of the firm and evaluate whether the team has the skills and knowledge to complete the project on time without compromising on quality.
Gaining more and more experience in their craft makes a company perfect. Hiring a dedicated development team with many years of experience helps you in launching the ultimate product according to the demand in the market and which will be loved by the users.
Flexibility is another factor to consider while looking for a good dedicated development team in foreign countries.
While hiring a dedicated development team, you should check how the team is adapting to technological advancements in the industry. An ideal dedicated development team should have the latest technologies incorporated into their workflow along with necessary resources and high-end infrastructure.
Analysing the pros and cons of hiring a dedicated development team will help you in deciding whether to go with a dedicated development team or not.
Let’s have a deeper look.
What are the benefits and cons of hiring a dedicated development team?
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Hiring a dedicated development team helps you in many ways. You also face some problems while hiring a dedicated development team.
First, let’s discuss the benefits of hiring a dedicated development team.
Advantages of hiring a dedicated development team
The main advantages of hiring a dedicated development team is a significant reduction in cost and time. Some of the other benefits are:
- There is no need to invest in infrastructure as everything is already available with the dedicated development team.
- There are no daily management issues as in an in-house model of development.
- You get a team of professionals and experts who are hired after multiple stages of tests, interviews and evaluation.
- You can employ cost-cutting strategies very efficiently while hiring a dedicated development team. You can cut or increase the number of members in the team at any stage of the development cycle.
- All the stages of development are directly controlled by you. You can also make changes or bring innovations at any stages of development of the project.
- You can carefully plan and assign tasks to each member of the team if needed.
- You can access real-time updates on the project progress.
- Hiring dedicated development teams is the best choice if your project is complex and long-term.
- When you hire dedicated development teams, you will get to work with a more coordinated and affordable workforce that does not compromise on quality.
- A replacement is always available if you think that anyone in the dedicated development team is not up to the mark.
- Another important advantage of hiring a dedicated development team is, you can hire the team on an hourly, weekly, monthly or project basis.
- Risk of a data breach is minimum while hiring a dedicated development team as most of them promise intellectual property protection and data security and will legally sign any related agreement along with a non-disclosure agreement.
There are also some cons to look into while hiring a dedicated development team.
Cons of hiring a dedicated development team
You should also consider some of the cons of hiring a dedicated development team. Some of the possible cons include the following:
- This team model is ineffective for short-term projects, as the members need to adapt to the project requirements and this consumes time. Efficiency is also low for short term projects.
- If you are hiring a dedicated development team from another country, communication barrier may be a problem.
- The initial stage of hiring a dedicated development team takes time and multiple evaluations as you will need to search for the best team, compare price, reviews and ratings.
- If you have changing project requirements, financial planning is difficult due to variations in cost estimates.
Now, another question remains:
How to hire a dedicated development team?
How to hire a dedicated development team?
The process of hiring an excellent dedicated development team is time-consuming. There are two stages of hiring a dedicated development team.
The first stage
- The first stage is to have a thorough analysis of the requirements of your project before hiring a dedicated development team. Set priorities to your needs of the project.
- Make an estimate of your budget.
- Search the internet for the most rated dedicated development teams. Make acquaintance with past clients to know about the quality of their work and make a detailed analysis of the ones you have shortlisted.
- Compare the rates of the dedicated development team you have selected.
- Give priorities to the dedicated development teams with awards and recognition and that is flexible to work with.
- Look out for the latest tech and infrastructural facilities, expertise in a variety of platforms and uninterrupted power supply and high-speed internet while hiring a dedicated development team.
- Hire dedicated development teams with good project management skills such as prompt delivery time, focussed and adaptive to sudden changes in the requirements.
- Hire a dedicated development team which is having secure encryption protocols for data protection.
- Clutch and GoodFirms are a few examples of platforms that help you in searching for the best dedicated app developers. Conducting a search in these platforms helps you in finding the best dedicated development teams.
According to the project requirement, your quality expectations, budget and the timeline of product delivery, hire the right dedicated development team.
The second stage
After shortlisting a dedicated development team, there are some points to consider to ensure a good workflow.
- Check the number of team members and analyse the skill set and field of expertise of each member.
- The team members should be able to design engaging content to the users.
- Look out for the team members who are focussed, reliable and experienced.
- If time permits, you can ask the selected team members to show some past work or check whether they are fit for the project by asking questions related to the implementation of the project.
- Good communication skills are also an important part of hiring a dedicated development team. Members with adequate communication skills are a plus point of an excellent dedicated development team.
Now let’s discuss the cost of hiring a dedicated team.
How the cost of hiring a dedicated development team is determined?
Cost is always a deciding factor while hiring a dedicated development team. There are many dedicated development teams with varying rates.
The number of team members is a determining factor in the cost of hiring a dedicated development team. You can change the number of members at any time in a dedicated development team based on your agreement.
As stated in earlier sections, you can hire dedicated development teams on an hourly/ weekly or monthly basis. Cost of hiring is different for each method. According to your requirements and financial estimates you can evaluate which of these methods is a better option for your project.
The cost will also depend on the level of involvement of the team. There are various stages of product development. Product conceptualization, product design, product development, QA (Quality Assurance) and testing, product deployment etc. As the team gets involved in more stages, the cost will also increase.
All these factors have an influence on the overall cost of hiring a dedicated development team.
What is the cost of hiring a dedicated development team?
The cost of hiring a dedicated development team is determined by the geographical location. Surveys show that the cost of hiring dedicated development teams from Asian countries such as India is low as compared to the USA.
Dedicated development teams from the USA charge a higher rate of about $150-$195 per hour, but South Asian countries such as India charge between $26-$35 dollars per hour.
The following table shows the estimated cost of hiring a dedicated development team.
Hiring the right dedicated development team is the first step towards the success of your product. AlignMinds Technologies is an award-winning product engineering company with a decade of success stories. We can help your businesses to get an edge on the competition and bring more revenue and recognition through innovative solutions. Contact us now!
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published.
- What is Shift Left Approach in DevOps?
- DevOps vs DevSecOps: What to Choose?
- What is Multicloud Computing?
- Edge Computing: The Complete Guide
- AWS Beanstalk – Emerging PaaS Opportunities
- AlignMinds (3)
- Operating Systems (2)
- Android POS (3)
- Application Hosting (1)
- Artificial Intelligence (2)
- Big Data (1)
- Blockchain (1)
- Cloud Application Development (4)
- Software Development (8)
- Software Testing (8)
- Strategy & User Experience Design (4)
- Web Application Development (13)
- Cyber Security (6)
- Outsourcing (7)
- Programming Languages (3)
- DevOps (3)
- Software Designing (1)
- How to Code (3)
- Internet of Things (1)
- Machine Learning (1)
- Mobile App Marketing (3)
- Mobile Application Development (15)
- Mobile Applications (2)